Petito & Petito, LLP
When you have suffered injuries due to another party’s negligence, you need a capable litigator on your side. A personal injury lawsuit can help you recover compensation for all injury-related damages.
Our Poughkeepsie personal injury lawyers have decades of trial experience and have successfully helped hundreds of clients obtain favorable verdicts and settlements, many of which were valued at more than $500,000. One of our attorneys previously represented insurance companies as trial counsel, meaning we know what it takes to prove or strategically settle a case. Your satisfaction is our top priority, and you will have direct access to our legal professionals throughout our handling of your case. At Petito & Petito, LLP, we will always fight for the best available outcome and are committed to providing the skilled, compassionate representation you need to move forward.
Do not wait to get legal advice if you have been injured in an accident. Call (845) 400-9602 or contact us online to request an initial consultation.
When you come to Petito & Petito, LLP for help, we will give your case the unparalleled attention it deserves. We will thoroughly evaluate the facts, walk you through your legal options, and help you understand the types of compensation you may be able to recover.
Our Poughkeepsie personal injury attorneys are prepared to handle claims involving:
- Car Accidents. This type of personal injury can occur when a person is in an accident involving a car, truck, or some other vehicle. If a victim becomes injured because another motorist was driving negligently, the victim may be entitled to compensation. In these cases, victims should not speak to insurance representatives before talking to a lawyer. They should also not agree to any settlement before seeking legal advice.
- “Slip and Fall” or “Trip and Fall” Accidents. Though a simple fall may seem innocuous, these accidents can lead to serious injuries, including traumatic brain injuries. An incident may warrant a personal injury claim if a property owner negligently failed to address unsafe property conditions that caused the accident, such as a slick surface.
- Construction Accidents. Construction workers can suffer catastrophic injuries in work-related accidents. These accidents often involve falls from great heights. General contractors and building owners can be held liable for accidents that occur at worksites.
If you or a loved one has been seriously injured due to someone else’s negligence, you should make every effort to protect your rights. Avoid admitting fault in the moment and try to collect and preserve as much evidence from the accident site as possible. See a doctor as soon as you can and follow their treatment plan. The negligent party’s insurance company or legal representative may call you, but do not answer their questions or provide any statements without first consulting a lawyer. Anything you say can and likely will be used against you.
In the state of New York, you will only have a limited amount of time to file a personal injury lawsuit. You will in most cases have only three years from the date of the accident to pursue a claim. Should an accident result in death, the victim’s loved ones will have two years from the date of their passing to file a wrongful death lawsuit.
Depending on the unique circumstances of your case, we can fight to recover compensation for:
- Medical bills
- Property damage
- Missed wages
- Permanent reductions in earning capacity
- Physical and emotional pain and suffering
- Loss of consortium
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Punitive damages
Our Poughkeepsie personal injury lawyers are ready to help you obtain maximum compensation and hold negligent parties accountable. Call (845) 400-9602 or contact us online to discuss your case with us.
He has always given me the right advice. I couldn’t ask for a better attorney.- Esther
He got me my settlement within 8 months and made sure I was compensated for my injuries.- Jason
Joe was very knowledgeable, responsive to our questions, and was able to achieve the best outcome.- Former Client
Without a doubt, his work helped define what was truly in my child’s best interest.- Barry